Hi and welcome to my portfolio !
My name is Julie Anselm, I’m 23 years old and I’m in my last year in the cursus “Management and Game Design” at Supinfogame, France. I have always been attracted by two big fields which are new technologies and creativity. So what is more beautiful than video games to reach this goal and create some great experiences to share with people.
I’m currently looking for a 6 month internship in starting july 2015 as Level, Game or Quest designer. I am completely willing to relocate and can be wherever. If you’re interested don’t hesitate to take a look at my resume and contact me 🙂
My Point of View
What I love in Game Design it’s the contrast between the creative part and the formalization of this one. It’s a really interesting process to see : the transformation of ideas in mechanics and systems which will generate emotions and fun. For the Level Design, I see it like a puzzle game : you have tools (mechanics), you know where you want to go (intentions, progress in this skill), you just have to create a path (level design). The better in this? You can solve this puzzle in many different ways and finally find the better solution.
I’m graduated in Graphic Design major Multimedia with a BTS (about Higher National Diploma). It’s in this curriculum that I discovered my affinity with interaction domain. Before that, I had one intense year, like a preparatory class, to specialize me in the domain of Applied Arts. This year is called a « Mise A Niveaux en Arts Appliqués » (MANAA). It was necessary to do this year to access to my BTS because I obtained a scientific Baccalauréat (about A-levels).
- Adventure : Ghost Trick : Phantom Detective, Stacking, The Wolf Among Us
- Action / Adventure : Brothers : A tale of two sons, L.A. Noire, Mafia 2
- Board & Card Games : Cluedo, Noah, Samurai Sword
- RPG : Xenoblade Chronicles, Dragon Age, The Banner Saga
- Simulation : From Dust, The Sims Collection, Anno 2070
- Platformer : Catherine, Blocks That Matter, Super Meat Boy
I’ve practiced piano when I was young and I had guitar lessons during my high school period. I try to continue to play on my free time.
- Indie Rock : Metric, M83, Alt-J, The Killers
- Trip Hop : Woodkid, Moby, Archive, Air
- Others rock type : Muse, Coldplay, Sigur Ros, Charlie Winston
- Good old one : Frank Sinatra, The Beatles, Queen, Cat Steven
- Symphonic / Instrumental : Beethoven, Chopin, Hans Zimmer, David Arnold
- Thriller : Gone Baby Gone, Seeking Whom He May Devour, And Then There Were None
- Science Fiction : 1984, Slan Hunter, The Butterfly of the Stars
- Others : Tales of the Otori, Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, Demain j’arrête!
- Drama : Forrest Gump, The King’s speech, American Beauty, Elephant Man, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
- Science Fiction : 12 Monkeys, V for Vendetta, Donnie Darko, The Butterfly Effect
- Animation : The Congress, Tales of the Night, Wall-E, Up!
- Comedy : Wish I was here, Starbuck, Les Bronzés font du ski
- Super Hero : Batman Begins, Kick Ass 2, Watchmen
- Others : Usual Suspects, Django Unchained
I love meeting and discovering people and their culture. For the moment, I only travelled in Europe (England, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Greece, Norway and Spain) but I wish to have opportunities to travel all around the world, seeing and learning more of different cultures.
I acted in several local theaters during seven years. I even set up a theater company with friends, « la compagnie Bonn’Heure », where we acted original plays.
I love being outside and I love my native region with its beautiful mountains. That’s why I try a lot of outdoor activities like canyoning, climbing, hiking, skiing, rafting, etc.